OMAHA(KPTM)-- An apartment building went up in flames early Sunday morning.
The Sierra Place Apartment homes near 75th and Maple Streets caught fire around 2:30 Sunday morning.
No one was injured. The fire leaves around 40 people looking for a place to stay.
The top floor of the apartment building had the worst damage, but residents in other units say they shouldn't have to return to their damaged apartment homes.
"Even the units that weren't that affected by the fire still have smoke and water damage," said Sabra Hort.
Another resident who didn't want to be identified said she's worried about mold and the water damage to her ceiling now.
The building is without power for the time being. The Red Cross says they will be providing shelter for any residents who don't have any family or friends to stay with.
Residents standing outside the burned building Sunday said they were angry with the way the building's company was handling the fire.
They said they were having a hard time finding answers and help.
"I don't know if they care, maybe it's because they have homes to go to," said one upset woman. "All I'm hearing is 'well, you don't have renters' insurance. If you had renters' insurance you wouldn't be in this situation' but they don't know the paperwork that goes into renters' insurance either."