MURRAY, Neb. (KPTM)- Three hundred students were evacuated from their school after a propane leak Friday morning.
Students at Conestoga Junior Senior High School got an early start to their weekend.
"I'm trying to figure out how we're getting our car, and my keys, and my phone," said High School Junior, K Parriott.
Parriott's school just outside of Murray, Neb. was evacuated Friday morning after officials reported a propane leak outside of the building.
"We had kind of a propane smell," said Dr. Beth Johnsen, Superintendent of Conestoga Public schools.
Fire departments from all over, including Plattsmouth, Nehawka, and Louisville responded to the call. Crews spent hours Friday securing the building as repairmen worked to fix the leak.
"The big problem is all their cars are still parked up there in the parking lot," said Johnsen.
"(The School) handled it very well, the fire department was on the scene really quickly," said Parriott.
No injuries were reported, though one student did have an asthma attack.
Fire officials think that the maintenance work done on the propane tank may have caused the leak.